61. The process for acquiring the needed skills in modes/philosophies of education of students who are deaf or hard of hearing in which an individual was not prepared.
62. Consumer and professional organizations, publications, and journals relevant to the field of education of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
63. Actively seek interaction with adults in the Deaf community to maintain/improve ASL, English signs, or cues as consistent with program philosophy.
64. Demonstrate the ability to interact with a variety of individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing on an adult-to-adult level.
65. Provide families with the knowledge and skills to make appropriate choices needed to enhance the development and transition of their children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
66. Participate in the activities of professional organizations relevant to the education of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.